Signed in as:
At ROBYN'S ROOM in Mornington, we step way beyond traditional kid's & adult art classes. We throw caution to the wind and find our true creative inner selves !
In a relaxed, social and stimulating setting, kids & adults are invited to freely explore a variety of craft activities.
When the usual expectations and pressures are removed, they discover and value their own creative worth, build self - esteem and confidence....and have a heap of fun along the way !
ROBYN'S ROOM - NURTURING CHILDREN'S AND ADULT'S CREATIVE EXPRESSION IN FUN ART LESSONS AND CRAFT PROJECTS.
IMAGINE. DISCOVER. CREATE
“Children’s art should be theirs and not ours!”
Robyn’s Room is a vibrant, stimulating & creative environment that provides dynamic enjoyable art opportunities, experimentation & exploration, plus discovery as individuals. Creative expression is kept and alive and nurtured.
A platform for children to completely immerse themselves in the wonderful, colourful and imaginative art world, express knowledge
and build upon their understandings
through art language and its principles.
· A warm, welcoming creative space promotes secure, respectful, pro-social reciprocal relationships. Respect for diversity by acknowledging the cultural backgrounds, languages, values and contributions of all
families in Robyn’s Room.
· Each person is respected- encouraged to be their true creative selves.
· Respectful interactions and open teaching practices fosters confidence,
high self-esteem, and creative worth.
· Opportunities to create art inspired by their own interests and imagination, without correction, judgement, criticism or expectations.
The freedom to create in one's own way reduces and alleviates existing anxieties,
stresses and art scarring.
· The concepts of ‘perfect art’ and ‘mistakes’ are strongly discouraged.
Every art piece is proudly acknowledged and celebrated.
· It is not their art if we do it for them, in turn, applying their own ideas, managing tools and materials, self -correcting and problem solving, encourages independence and autonomy.
· Without the pressure of producing a contrived product with imposed time constraints, everyone is free to explore the art activities, rich in choice, medium, technique and application.
· Robyn’s Room implores everyone to see things differently in the experimentation of a diverse selection of natural, recycled, upcycled, and repurposed resources. The open-ended program promotes holistic development through spontaneous learning and engagement.
IMAGINE. DISCOVER. CREATE
For Children , Adults, Families and Groups
Copyright © 2018 Robyn's Room - All Rights Reserved.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF COUNTRY
We acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land , sea and community.
We pay our respect to their Elders, past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders people today.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder